Mushrooms - All sites are receiving shiitake this week.
Sunflower/MicroMix Microgreens - We have been sending our MicroMix microgreens to different sites each week. We hope you have enjoyed this little change. Everyone will get them eventually. The mixed microgreens are spicier, more delicate, and probably won’t store quite as long. But they are certainly good!
Spinach –There’s a whole pound of spinach this week, so go crazy! This wonderful green is so versatile. Use it raw in a salad, or cooked in many different dishes.
Collards – This distinctive green is known for its use with pork, but is equally tasty in vegetarian dishes. They also work great as a wrapper for rollups w/ rice and other veggies – just bake the rolls with a little tomato sauce. Yummy!
Swiss Chard – We are very pleased to have this favorite return to the list for its mild flavor and versatility. It’s great steamed, stir-fried, braised, sautéed, or in soup.
Green Onions - Our first time to include green onions (scallions to some.) These were planted many weeks ago, and have just recently ‘sized up ‘ for us to include with your share. They are a true harbinger of spring – just like crocus and daffodils.
This bread from The Village Bakery and Café is the French Galette.
The cheese from Integration Acres is Caprino Romano. This is a cheese from 100% goat’s milk and has been aged over 6 months. Grate it over pasta, salad, or any other dish that wants grated cheese.
TIBET – 614-784-8124 11am-6pm
BEXLEY MARKET-614-252-3951 3-8pm
UPPER ARLINGTON- 614-506-3086 4-8pm
CLINTONVILLE COOP – 614-261-3663 11 am-8 pm
PLATES STUDIO –DUBLIN - 614-336-9502 4-8 pm
HYACINTH BEAN – 740-594-9302 12-6pm
HARMONY CHIROPRACTIC – 740 592-4631 3pm-7pm
Please remember to call your host first if problems arise. Since they are closer to you, they can usually resolve the problem. Feel free to call us if the host is unable to help you – 740-448-4021 Thanks!
2 Cups all-purpose flour
1. Mix flour with water to form a dough. Cover the dough with a damp towel, let the dough rest for more than an hour.
Green Onion Dip
1 cup mayonnaise
Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend mixture until almost smooth. Cover and chill.
Green Onion-Parsley Potato Pancakes
1. Place cubed potato in a medium saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer potato 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool.
Sweet and Tangy Sauteed Collard Greens
This recipe comes from the website www.yummly.com – The beauty of this website is that you can change the recipes to the amounts that you have received by changing the number of servings.
½ tbsp vegetable oil
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in collard greens, in batches if necessary, until they wilt slightly and all fit in the skillet. Pour in water and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and tender, 5 to 7 minutes, regulating heat to prevent burning. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, honey, ginger, and butter together in a serving bowl for dressing. Add greens to bowl and toss with dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve warm.
Unusual and Delicious Collard Greens
½ cup butter
1. Sauté butter, green onion, garlic, and collards.